CroisiEurope, the French river cruise operator, has announced details of a new Belgium beer-themed cruise, which will operate in 2017.
Beer: Belgium’s Liquid Gold will run between Brussels and Ostend. The five day cruise will introduce guests to the famous beers of Belgium and feature beer workshops as well as lectures and visits to breweries and the Maison des Brasseurs museum, the headquarters of the federation of Belgium Brewers.
The cruise will include on board activities including a specialist giving lectures on board.
There is currently one departure confirmed, on August 28, 2017, with two more in early September yet to be confirmed. Prices start from £711 per person for the five-day cruise with all meals and drinks on board, excursions and onboard entertainment, free WiFi and port fees.
The sailing will take place on the Victor Hugo, calling at Antwerp, Ghent, Lovendegem and Bruges before finishing in Ostend.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- A tour of Brussels and the Maison des Brasseurs, which houses a museum wholly dedicated to beer where guests will enjoy a tasting.
- A visit to the Het Anker Brewery in Mechelen, which is renowned for its Gouden Carolus variety of beers.
- A visit to the family-owned Duvel Moortgat brewery in Breendonk, one of the most modern breweries in Belgium.
- Visits to the Dilewyns Brewery in Dendermonde and the Malheur Brewery in Buggenhout where blonde Malheur beers are brewed in the traditional way.
- A tour of the Huyghe Brewery in Melle where the famous Delirium Tremens is made.
- A tasting of the authentic red-brown beer, Bourgogne des Flandres, which is brewed using unique, ancient techniques and is aged for several months in wooden barrels.