Holland America Line is the perfect way to discover the secrets and surprises of the Caribbean that other cruise lines don’t reach – including an award-winning private island paradise – all in style and sophistication
Beyond the Caribbean’s beautiful beaches lie little-known island secrets and off the beaten track surprises. Then there’s Mexico, Costa Rica and the Panama Canal.
With Holland America Line, visitors may discover these tropical gems in greater depth through inside stories, regional cuisine and authentic destination experiences.
At HAL’s own award-winning private island of Half Moon Cay they might quietly count egrets, swim with curious stingrays, play in the water on Sunfish sailboats or relax on a crescent of perfect white sand beach.
The Holland America Line difference
• Mid-sized, elegant ships.
• Spacious staterooms and suites, many with private balcony.
• Nearly one crew member for every two guests.
• Fine dining with casual to formal options.
• Regional cuisine, Explorations Central (EXC) destination experiences and more.
• Every cruise calls at their private island, Half Moon Cay.
• Long days and overnight stays in hand-picked destinations.
Why Holland America Line?
• Choice – seven to 14-night cruises – Holland America Line is the leader in 10-night-plus cruises.
• Larger staterooms in all categories than most other Caribbean operators.
• Sell up – balcony staterooms can cost very little more per person per day than a standard sea-view fare!
• Almost every Holland America Line Caribbean itinerary features a day at the company’s award-winning private island Half Moon Cay.
• Collectors’ cruises – combine two shorter cruises for a leisurely holiday – with no repeat calls!
Half Moon Cay – private island paradise
The best private island experience, as described by readers of Porthole Cruise magazine. This 1700-acre island – only two per cent developed – features a huge interior lagoon and a three-kilometre crescent of beach, plus a host of perfect amenities.
HAL purchased Half Moon Cay 20 years go to create a sanctuary for wildlife – as well as an exclusive private island getaway for guests to enjoy. Guests may amble, horse-ride or simply relax on the beach and when it’s time for a cold rum punch they can head for the new Lobster Shack, retire to a freshly remodelled cabana, or play on the Sunfish sailboats, Hobie catamarans or an Aqua-Cycle. There are also rainforest hikes, bird and wildlife watching.
Nieuw Statendam – new ship debuts December 2019
Your clients can be among the first to experience HAL’s brand new Pinnacle-class ship, when she starts sailing from Fort Lauderdale in December 2018 offering a choice of seven to 14-night Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean cruises which all feature a day at Half Moon Cay. Here are just a few of the amenities they can expect:
• Dining venues from the elegant two-tier dining room to more intimate culinary experiences at Rudi’s Sel de Mer, the Pinnacle Grill or Pan Asian Tamarind – featuring a sushi bar and an al fresco terrace.
• Draught lager and continental snacks at the Grand Dutch Café, more informal fare at the Lido Marketplace, Italian Canaletto
and the New York Pizza & Deli
• Entertainment from BBC Earth Frozen Planet and Planet Earth II concerts, 50 years of chart hits at Billboard Onboard and BB Kings Blues at Music Walk.
• In the Crow’s Nest, Explorations Central (EXC) will offer in-depth destination experiences.
• Spacious staterooms and suites feature thoughtful modern touches such as bedside USB ports, frameless shower doors and customized wood cabinets.
• Staterooms and suites to suit all travellers, including Family Ocean-view staterooms (accommodating up to five) and single staterooms for solo travellers.
• Sophisticated décor, including a collection of original art and sculpture worth more than a million dollars
Sample Caribbean itineraries
14-night Western & Eastern Caribbean
Fort Lauderdale (round-trip)
Visits: Half Moon Cay, Falmouth (Jamaica), Grand Cayman, Cozumel (Mexico), Fort Lauderdale, Grand Turk,
San Juan (Puerto Rico), Saint Thomas, Half Moon Cay
11-night Southern Caribbean Wayfarer
Fort Lauderdale (round-trip)Visits: Philipsburg (Sint Maarten), Castries (Saint Lucia), scenic cruising Soufriere Bay, Bridgetown (Barbados), Fort de France (Martinique), St John’s (Antigua), Saint Thomas, Half Moon Cay
10 or 11-night Caribbean & Panama Canal Sunfarer
Fort Lauderdale (round-trip)Visits: Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Curaçao, Cartagena (Columbia), scenic cruising Panama Canal & Gatun Lake, Colon (Panama), Puerto Limon (Costa Rica)