Here are some of the places that could convince new cruise customers to get on board for the first time
One cruise and you’re hooked: that’s what the remarkably high retention rates within the cruise industry suggest. But how do you get customers on board for the first time? Well, these 10 destinations are the perfect place to start.
1. Amsterdam. The river cruise capital, from where most Rhine cruises begin or end, is also a mini-cruise favourite. With the city centre on your doorstep, there’s no reason to fork out for a shore excursion.
2. Norway. Not only the best way to see the magnificent fjords, but really the only way to explore them in any depth. We defy anyone to visit the fjords and not fall in love with cruise.
3. Paris. Seine river cruises, which sail from Paris, are the perfect way to explore the City of Light. Just a two-hour trip on the Eurostar (see p30)
4. Budapest. The Danube, which snakes through Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest, may well be Europe’s greatest river. The Hungarian capital is undoubtedly the highlight.
5. Barcelona. The capital of Catalonia is a joy to visit by cruise ship – its modern terminal is just 10 minutes from the centre or the beach. Some of the world’s best food and most incredible architecture awaits.
6. Bruges. This charming city, found in West Flanders, is one of the most regular mini-cruise stops. For those who want a quick taster of what cruise is about, a Christmas market itinerary is a great idea
7. British Isles. For those looking to dip their toe into cruise waters, a British Isles cruise is a perfect start.
8. Vietnam. For travelling in South East Asia, a cruise can be a great way to delve a little deeper in the region.
9. Porto. The Portuguese city is where the Douro, an increasingly popular river, meets the ocean. With great food, wine and architecture, it’s one of Europe’s most charming cities.
10. Russia. Baltic cruises, many of which leave from the UK, are a great way to explore Russia. With a cruise, it’s suddenly accessible.
- For all the latest cruise news, including ship launches, fam trips, incentives and new hires, click here