CLIA has introduced a new speed-training initiative for the trade, named ‘Cruise Love Bites’.
The Love Bites are free for CLIA members and will stream live from 9.30-10.30am on Thursdays, starting on July 14 and running to August 25.
Sessions will include presentations, virtual ship tours and product updates from ocean, river, luxury and expedition cruise representatives. Industry experts will also be on hand to recommend sought-after experiences, and provide hints and tips to assist sales.
The line-up is:
- July 14: AmaWaterways, Virgin Voyages, Azamara and Aurora Expeditions
- July 21: Amadeus, Royal Caribbean International, APT / TravelMarvel and Explora Journeys
- August 11: Carnival, Uniworld, Seabourn and Swan Hellenic
- August 18: MSC Cruises, A-Rosa Cruises, Silversea and Celebrity Cruises
- August 25: Avalon Waterways, Holland America Line, Oceania and CroisiEurope
Andy Harmer, CLIA managing director for the UK and Ireland, said: “Agents have done an amazing job of booking cruise holidays since our return, and have firmly re-established a holiday at sea and on rivers as a go-to customer option. As the positive momentum gathers pace, we have put on our ‘Love Bites’ sessions to provide further advice and insight, and help showcase the range of options that are on offer.
“With speakers from across a range of cruise brands, and with sector specialists also attending, these bite-sized sessions are not to be missed for agents looking to capitalise on ever-increasing customer demand.”
Sessions will shortly be available to book via www.cruising.org
Read more: In May CLIA announced that its website now has a ‘love cruise’ section. It will offer a practical checklist of the ways in which agents can make the most of their CLIA membership.