MSC Cruises launched its inaugural awards last night, recognising its top-performing agencies across the UK and Ireland.
The event was held at BT Tower and Tramp, the Mayfair nightclub.
Williams praised the trade’s performance over the past year, saying: “We love the trade, we are reliant on the trade and that will never change.
“We thought it was high time we did an official UK and Ireland awards ceremony to show how much we appreciate the trade, especially after our last 12 months which have been incredible,” he said.
“Everyone is a winner but a huge congratulations to those who got awards.”
The winners are:
- Top Growth Business Partner UK: Destination2
- Top Growth Business Partner Ireland: Sunway Travel
- Top Large Online Travel Agency UK: Cruise.co.uk
- Top Large Online Travel Agency Ireland: Click&Go
- Top Medium Online Travel Agency UK: Broadway Travel; highly commended: Travel Village Group
- Top Medium Online Travel Agency Ireland: Marble City Travel
- Top Homeworking Agency UK: Hays Travel PTC
- Top Homeworking Agency Ireland: Travel Counsellors
- Top Large Retail Agency UK: Hays Travel
- Top Large Retail Agency Ireland: Cassidy Travel
- Top Medium Retail Agency UK: Ramsay World Travel
- Top Medium Retail Agency Ireland: Abbey Travel
- Top Ex-UK Producer: Iglu.com
- Top New Business Partner UK: Simply Cruises
- Top New Business Partner Ireland: American Holidays
- Top MSC Yacht Club Producer UK: Cruise Club UK
- Top MSC Yacht Club Producer Ireland: Tour America
- Top High Street Store UK: Barrhead Travel, Southampton
- Top High Street Store Ireland: Cassidy Travel, Liffey Street
- Special Recognition UK: Karen Stewart and Rhiannon Kilbride, Stewart Travel
- Special Recognition Ireland: Dawn Conway, Cassidy Travel