Princess Cruises has announced that three more of its ships – Royal Princess, Crown Princess and Sky Princess – will be Medallion-activated, joining Caribbean Princess and Regal Princess.
Ocean Medallion will be available on the 3,080-passenger Crown Princess, which will be sailing British Isles cruises from July.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “Having recently travelled on Caribbean Princess I can say first-hand that guests are finding their holidays enhanced with Princess Medallion as a new and memorable experience. This will include everyone who sails with us to the Caribbean this autumn and winter.
“Starting in April, we will continue the expansion to a total of five Princess Medallion ships expected this year, as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation. We look forward to bringing the experience to new groups for the first time, such as those sailing to destinations in Alaska and Mexico.”
Ocean Medallion features include:
· A streamlined embarkation and disembarkation process
· Keyless stateroom access
· Staff can see guest’s food and beverage preferences
· Beverage delivery wherever a guest is on the ship
· OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to locate friends, family and their children
· Payment for merchandise, drinks, shore excursions and other onboard services
· Access for guests to their real-time itinerary via portals throughout the ship
· Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel and the top deck ‘Movies Under The Stars’ screen
· A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
Read our interview with the man behind Ocean Medallion, John Padgett, here.