Seabourn has announced today that it will cancel additional voyages for three cruise ships in its fleet as a part of its pause in global ship operations.
The announcement applies to Seabourn Ovation (until January 3, 2021); Seabourn Encore (until January 6, 2021) and Seabourn Quest (until May 10, 2021).
Seabourn also announced a revised delivery date for its new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ship, Seabourn Venture, which is now scheduled for December 1, 2021.
It said the delay is because of shipyard closures at T Mariotti earlier this year as part of responses to Covid-19, which resulted in disruptions to the overall construction and finishing process for the ship.
“Our utmost priority is the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the people in destinations. We recognise the long lead time for planning an ultra-luxury Seabourn experience and with that in mind, we proactively announce the cancellation of these additional voyages,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “We are working very closely with science and medical advisors as well as our source and destination markets to develop protocols for the ultimate return to operations.
Guests booked on impacted cruises on Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation will automatically be cancelled and all guests will receive Future Cruise Credits. They can also request a full refund of monies paid to Seabourn.
In August, Carnival’s ultra-luxury cruise line announced the cancellation of cruises on Ovation and Encore, with suspensions now extended as above, as well as Seabourn Sojourn.
Sojourn will not sail until May 24, 2021, due to the cancellation of the company’s world cruise. Seabourn has officially suspended global operations until November 20.