Seabourn has released a revised plan for the debut season of Seabourn Venture, its first purpose-built expedition ship, which will launch in 2021. The cruises are on sale now.
Between December 2021 and April 2022, Seabourn Venture will sail on a series of 10- to 14-day Norwegian Winter voyages in search of the Northern Lights. All guests will be able to watch a concert in the Northern Lights Cathedral at a Seabourn Signature Evening Event in Alta.
“Our Norwegian Winter itineraries were carefully designed to offer guests the potential to view one of Earth’s true wonders, the Northern Lights,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “There will be no better way to explore Norway’s winter beauty than on our new ultra-luxury expedition ship and all the activities it offers.”
The new vessel will carry 24 zodiacs, two submarines and expedition kayaks, offering plenty of different ways to explore the rugged landscape.
Dates and featured destinations of Seabourn Venture’s Norwegian winter itineraries in 2021 and 2022 include:
- Norway, Northern Lights & North Cape – Seabourn Venture will embark on a 12-day inaugural voyage from Greenwich, England, to Tromsø, Norway, departing December 11, 2021. The sailing is already sold out based on pre-booking for past Seabourn guests.
- Holiday Northern Lights, North Cape & Norway – Guests may spend the holidays and ring in 2022 on Seabourn Venture’s 14-day holiday voyage from Tromsø to Copenhagen, departing December 23, 2021.
- Norway & North Cape – In Search of Northern Lights – These 12-day voyages sail between Tromsø and Copenhagen. Departures from Tromsø: January 18 and March 7, 2022. Departures from Copenhagen: January 6 and 30, February 23 and March 19, 2022.
- Norway & North Cape – Two 12-day voyages sailing between Tromso & Copenhagen March 31 and April 12, 2022
- Norwegian Spring – The 10-day cruise will sail roundtrip from Tromsø, departing April 24, 2022.