Tui will officially launch Tui River Cruises on November 26, with Christmas and New Year itineraries. A full programme will begin from April 2021.
The company will begin operating with three ships – the Isla, Maya and Skyla – offering 32 itineraries along the Danube, Rhine, Moselle, Main and Dutch and Belgian waterways. Cruises will run from three to 14 night sailings.
Chris Hackney, Managing Director of Cruise for Tui UK &I said: “Following the change in government advice on river cruising, holidaymakers now have the chance to explore Europe from its rivers and waterways. We’re working hard to get ready for our first sailings and with so much to discover on a river cruise, we’ve put exploration at the heart of our offer. Customers will disembark from their ship with picturesque landmarks only a stroll away. Our excursions programme is outstanding and customers can make the most of them with a £120 excursion credit per seven-day itinerary on us.
“First sailings are already proving popular and we’re looking forward to welcoming our first guests onboard TUI Isla in 100 days’ time. Our teams are working really hard behind the scenes to ensure customers can cruise with confidence and enjoy their holiday with us.”
Ahead of its first sailings, the new river cruise line is implementing a number of new health and safety measures to protect both customers and employees, whilst delivering the brilliant experiences that TUI is known for. These measures include:
- Transfer buses will be regularly deep-cleaned between journeys, hand sanitiser will available for passengers. Staff will wear protective equipment and social distancing will be encouraged where possible.
- Passengers will be asked to fill in a health questionnaire whilst on their transfer to the ship and will have their temperature checked before boarding.
- Extra cleaning measures in place around the ships.
- Both restaurants are already waiter-service for lunch and dinner. At breakfast, the restaurants have an a la carte menu as well as a small buffet offering where customers can choose from either/both. The teams on board will assist customers wishing to use the buffet.
- Excursion group sizes will be smaller to help with social distancing and to give customers maximum flexibility they can cancel any excursions 48 hours in advance if they change their minds
- Customers will need to wear face masks on their flights, in airports and they may be asked to wear them on transfers and onboard the ships