Royal Caribbean International has revealed more details about Symphony of the Seas, the largest ship in the world.
The ship, which eclipses Harmony of the Seas, will span 16 guest decks, and encompass more than 230,000 gross registered tons.
It will carry 5,500 guests at double occupancy and feature 2,774 staterooms.
Key features include:
- The Ultimate Family Suite, “the world’s most cutting-edge family stateroom”, according to Royal Caribbean. It will include a cinema room with popcorn machine, in-room slide, LEGO wall, air-hockey table and whirlpool on the balcony
- Hooked, the first seafood brasserie in Royal Caribbean’s fleet
- El Loco Fresh Mexican, a restaurant serving Mexican bites
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, featuring live sports on TV
- Sugar Beach, a sweet and ice-cream shop for guests with a sweet tooth
Returning will be Oasis and Quantum-class features such as the Ultimate Abyss ride, trio of waterslides The Perfect Storm, two FlowRiders and the Bionic Bar.
The AquaTheatre will also feature, where new aqua and acrobatic show HiRo will be shown. Hit musical Hairspray will headline the Royal Theatre.
“We’re excited to introduce Symphony of the Seas, our boldest composition yet, offering the best of Royal Caribbean with some new surprises for our guests to create a holiday that adventurers of all ages can enjoy together,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International.
“We set out to create a new level of holiday adventure and deliver the ultimate escape for families of all shapes and sizes. Symphony will introduce the most cutting-edge, customisable, and digitally enhanced experiences in the Royal Caribbean fleet.”
The 25th ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet will set sail in April 2018, beginning a summer season in the Mediterranean calling on ports in Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Provence, France; Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples, Italy.
Beginning in November 2018, it will make its way to Miami, Florida, its year-round home, sailing seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages from the state-of-the-art new Terminal A at PortMiami.
- For all the latest cruise news, including ship launches, fam trips, incentives and new hires, click here